1950, cover bearing 15m Doar Ivri plus a completely fabricated flag stamp in a smaller size, sent as official mail to the ministry of Defense which passed the post unnoticed. VF.
By: Romano House of Stamp sales ltd
Romano House of Stamp sales ltd Auction #42
10 - February 2022
Auction lots display in our store:
Dizengoff Center, 2nd floor, store No. B 6086, Tel Aviv, Israel
01/02/2022 – 10/02/2022
Refine Your Search
- Australia (1) Apply Australia filter
- Banknotes Palestine & Israel (2) Apply Banknotes Palestine & Israel filter
- british empire commonwealth (10) Apply british empire commonwealth filter
- british mandate in palestine (17) Apply british mandate in palestine filter
- british mandate in palestine banknotes (2) Apply british mandate in palestine banknotes filter
- british mandate postal history (4) Apply british mandate postal history filter
- Coins & Medals (3) Apply Coins & Medals filter
- collections (5) Apply collections filter
- definitive stamps varieties (6) Apply definitive stamps varieties filter
- Denmark (1) Apply Denmark filter
- doar ivri 1948 (6) Apply doar ivri 1948 filter
- France (42) Apply France filter
- france colonies (1) Apply france colonies filter
- german territories (2) Apply german territories filter
- germany (27) Apply germany filter
- germany 1938 - 1945 (21) Apply germany 1938 - 1945 filter
- germany after ww2 (5) Apply germany after ww2 filter
- germany early states (41) Apply germany early states filter
- Great Britain (45) Apply Great Britain filter
- Holocaust & Anti Semitism (12) Apply Holocaust & Anti Semitism filter
- holyland forerunners (14) Apply holyland forerunners filter
- interim period stamps (1) Apply interim period stamps filter
- israel arab conflict (4) Apply israel arab conflict filter
- israel coins (9) Apply israel coins filter
- israel medals (16) Apply israel medals filter
- israel postage due (1) Apply israel postage due filter
- jerusalem locals (12) Apply jerusalem locals filter
- judaica (10) Apply judaica filter
- judaica historical literature (3) Apply judaica historical literature filter
- means of payment (5) Apply means of payment filter
- minhelet ha'am (9) Apply minhelet ha'am filter
- numismatic collections (8) Apply numismatic collections filter
- south africa (1) Apply south africa filter
- stamps of british mandate in palestine (27) Apply stamps of british mandate in palestine filter
- state of israel notes (59) Apply state of israel notes filter
- the state of israel (57) Apply the state of israel filter
- thematic (11) Apply thematic filter
- Turkey (1) Apply Turkey filter
- World Banknotes (19) Apply World Banknotes filter
- World Coins (12) Apply World Coins filter
- world wide philately (271) Apply world wide philately filter
Lot #151 - the state of israel postal history
Lot #152 - the state of israel postal history
1948 - Besieged Sodom - Flown Courier cover ex-worker at the Potash Camp, return address "Dead Sea South POBox 221 Tel Aviv", triangular unit cachet KBA 216 at bottom right, marking this as soldier's mail exempt of postage, addressed to Nes Tsiyona. FLOWN out of Sodom and posted in Tel Aviv on 18.6.1948. , light toning. certified by Y, Tsachhor, Y. Aloni.
Lot #153 - the state of israel postal history
1948, Israel Doar Ivri - Sc#9 Bale # 9 1000 mil on Reg. Airmail cover mailed from Jerusalem 28.9.1949. to Basel Switzerland arrival 29.9.49 cds on back. VF & rare. Bale Cat.V.$1000
Lot #154 - the state of israel postal history
1949, lot of two covers domestic 2nd postage rate period taxed mail: 1949 commercial cover Jerusalem to the municipality of Nahariya inland letter paid 5Pr.;DO-2 15Pr. Paid 5Pr. Deficiency 10Pr. Tax 20Pr proper taxation.1949 domestic 2nd postage rate period taxed mail: 15-9-1949 commercial cover from NAHARIYA. inland letter DO-2 unpaid letter DO-2 15Pr. Paid 00Pr. Deficiency 15Pr. Tax 30Pr proper taxation. 1951, include two Official covers...
Lot #155 - the state of israel postal history
29.5.1950, EX Israel Registered letter to Switzerland (correct rate ) mixed franking of 145pr. (40Pr & 20Pr. Independence 1950 and 80pr. UPU and 5Pr Merd). Opened by the military censor (red sticker) with arrival cds 3.VI.50, MONTREUX.
Lot #156 - Holocaust & Anti Semitism concentration camp post
1940, Lodz Ghetto "SPECEMEN PROOF". Cat: PO-561sp SB1002 S/N 00011. 1 Mark. PMG 62. The first attempts of the Jewish Committee in cooperation with the Germans to find the final form of the banknote. The note is perforated on its right side. On the left side a Star of David symbol with a drawing of a candle are the signs of a printing experiment. Rare item.
Lot #157 - Holocaust & Anti Semitism concentration camp post
Post of victims of Nazi persecution 1933-1945 - concentration camp: Camp post II. WW. BERGEN-BELSEN, preprinted package label from Lisbon of an exporter of canned fish, bend, recipient address "exchange camp Bergen-Belsen near Celle ... / Alemanha" and note on the export license "Gremio ... de Conservas de Peixe ...", unused
Lot #158 - Holocaust & Anti Semitism concentration camp post
1944, letter from Stutthof concentration camp, bearing a very clear camp cancellation VF
Lot #159 - Holocaust & Anti Semitism concentration camp post
1938, Cover sent from sachsehausen concentration camp by the jew Mr. K. Rothschild to his wife Marta in Dacember 1938 which is a very early date, which might have a connection to the crystalnacht arrest. 1938 mail by jews is extremely rare. no backflap
Lot #160 - Holocaust & Anti Semitism concentration camp post
1944, A cover sent from bohemia to Dachau concentration camp, which was returned to the sender, as according to the regulation inmates were not allowed to receive more then 1 letter per months, with 2 special cancellations, indicating this reason for the return. a very clean cover, with both special cancellations very clear.
Lot #161 - Holocaust & Anti Semitism concentration camp post
Litzmannstadt-Ghetto, December 29.1941. Regular 6pf._purple-Hitler-Imprinted stamp, postcard, no postal cancel, mailed from the Ghetto to Wielun-Poland, at the right in black # 17. below is the so called "Balkan Cross" known too as the "Andrea's Cross" in violet of 32x23mm,this special cancel was used from December 10.1941 to January 5. 1942 and was usually placed diagonally right on top of the address.
Lot #162 - Holocaust & Anti Semitism concentration camp post
1942, Litmannstadt Ghetto 20pf. Marginal photo essay on carton paper for the second set, titled Judenpost, depicting Rumkovsky and industry. VF. Signed by 3 experts including Poland's leading expert Schmutz.
Lot #163 - Holocaust & Anti Semitism concentration camp post
1940, postcard sent by Jacob Poznanski from the Ghettowoszczowa to the Jewish community in Wlooclaweck. a very rare communication between 2 small gehttos. A fold in the middle and some soiling as expected, do not detract from the scarcity of the item.
Lot #164 - Holocaust & Anti Semitism anti semitic propaganda
1925, Austrian Anti-Semitic Postcard. 'Karlsbad Nu was hab ich gesagt ! '
Lot #165 - Holocaust & Anti Semitism anti semitic propaganda
1925, Vienna Germany anti-Semitic Postcard 'Eternal Jew' Movie (Drunk).
Lot #166 - Holocaust & Anti Semitism anti semitic propaganda
1902, 'Gruss' anti-sematic illustrated postcard posted Germany, signs of wear.
Lot #167 - Holocaust & Anti Semitism anti semitic propaganda
1902, Anti Semitic illustrated postcard posted Germany some wear.
Lot #168 - judaica judaica historical literature
1940s. Lot of 3 diffs Judaica Booklet Passover Matzoh Fund United Charity, tenpanes, (1) a big format with 8 pane lith Braun. (2) two booklets imperf each with 10 panes. Booklet of the Help the Helpless and the Poor, Jerusalem booklet of 5 panes imperf , Jerusalem Licensed Teacher.
Lot #169 - judaica judaica historical literature
1950, Israel group of 66 bakeries labels for bread different periods.
Lot #170 - judaica judaica historical literature
1939, A group of 12 WWII censored covers sent between Jewish families in various places in France to Switzerland.
Lot #171 - judaica judaica historical literature
1944-1943. A group of 9 covers & 5 postcards, Exp. & Reg. correspondence between Jewish families from European and Iberian to Switzerland. Basel censored. incl. Iberian CD to Switzerland with an 80 Rup.
Lot #172 - judaica judaica historical literature
1943. Group of 6 Exp. & Reg. CV correspondence between two Jewish families from Austria Vienna to Switzerland Basel, censored.
Lot #173 - judaica judaica historical literature
1940, Joseph Budko (1888-1940) Fifteen woodcuts illustrations for Hayim Nahman Bialik poems : Zohar ;To the conductor of the dances; My Poetry; And Should the Angel Ask ; On the slaughter ; On the Threshold of the Beit Midrash ; Get out, you seer! ; Alone, 1923 ; After my death ; Night dwarfs ; The Last Dead of the Desert ; Jewish girl ; On an autumn day ; In my reply. All signed in pencil. 15 woodcuts: approx. 12x10 cm. to 14X10 cm. Thin...
Lot #174 - judaica historical literature Holyland Historical Books
1940, Palestine 'Sixteen Photographic Studies Palestine to day / Seventh Series' Printed by Lion the printer for the Zionist organization Youth department. photo postcard booklet of 15 cards published by Ichud Olami, Tel - Aviv
Lot #175 - judaica historical literature Pamphlets & Certificates
Passover Seder plate 1984 Limited edition of 500 commemorating the 70th Anniversary of the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee. Design is a replica of the 1948 Foehrenwald Displaced Persons Camp near Munich Germany by some of the 250,000 homeless Holocaust survivors living in Europe. Seeking to build new lives they clamored for the gates of Palestine to be opened. The text reads: "From Slavery to Freedom" --and instead of the...
Romano Sale House of Stamps Ltd.
The Romano Sale House was established in early 1998. After years in the stamp business, as Images/Auctioneers and sole suppliers of LINDNER philatelic accessories in Israel, Romano Sale House has... Read More
Send Email to Romano House of Stamp sales ltd Or Visit WebSite